The following obesity resource websites include information for health-care providers including patient education. Inclusion of these links does not imply AANP endorsement. This resource information was compiled by expert NP faculty convened by AANP. This activity is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Inc. and Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS Guideline for Management for Overweight and Obesity in Adults
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Peri-Operative Nutritional, Metabolic and Non-Surgical Support of the Bariatric Surgery Patient
- Managing Overweight and Obesity in Adults: Systematic Evidence Review from the Obesity Expert Panel
- Pharmacological Management of Obesity: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline
- The Practical Guide Identification, Evaluation and Treatment of Obesity in Adults
Talking with Your Patients
- Behavioral Counseling Interventions: An Evidence-based Approach
- Motivational Interviewing as a Counseling Style
- Provider Discussion Tool: Strategies to Overcome and Stop (STOP) Obesity
- Talking with Patients about Weight Loss: Tips for Primary Care Providers.
- Three Steps to Initiate Conversations on Weight Management with Your Patients